[AT] AT Digest, Vol 48, Issue 18

Claudeprintequip at aol.com Claudeprintequip at aol.com
Sat Feb 23 11:53:58 PST 2008

Hey Al and All,
Ethanol costs more, is much less fuel efficient and is causing inflation in
lots of areas.  Much of the ethanol cost to the consumer is  the consumer
secondary cost of corn and grain products. Those secondary  costs will continue to
escalate as we make more and  more ethanol.  Ethanol will always produce
hazardous  emission on some level. Fossil fuel or Biofuel of any kind is not a
solution to  the problem.   The fuel cell is the best solution in spite of the
hype  about difficulties involved with processing and storing hydrogen.    When
the internal combustion engine came on the market there were no filling
stations.  They came into vogue because of consumer demand. The only good  thing
about ethanol is it would bring revenue back to the U.S. for a short  period of
time. That is until the Chinese get their hybrid corn and grain  production
increased enough  to supply ethanol to the U. S.  If there  is a strong U.S.
market for ethanol the Chinese will find a way to ship us  all they can make then
they can use ordinary gasoline. Ordinary  gasoline will be much cheaper for
them at that point because of the  loss of demand within the U.S.    Then we
will be  aiding the Chinese economy in two ways while increasing economic woes
in  the U.S.  The Chinese don't have enough grain for themselves at this time
but supply and demand will change that.  They are extremely ambitious,
industrious, innovative, clever, and  willing to sacrifice and work hard.
We might take a look back at the fuel cell tractors of Allis Chalmers
vintage in the late '50's.   Farmers at that time though were a little  bit
concerned about a tractor that didn't make any noise. (Jest ain't right  somehow we
thought) Nowadays most of us are willing to be done with the  noise.  Exception
being our own tractors.

Claude
Tontitown, Arkansas

In a message dated 2/23/2008 11:09:06 A.M. Central Standard Time,