[AT] Rail cars.

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Feb 23 10:48:22 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "David Rotigel" <rotigel at alltel.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Saturday, February 23, 2008 7:00 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Rail cars.

> It's called ECONOMICS. If it was cheaper to use railroads we would be
> doing so.
> Dave

Exactly right, but my point is, with ever increasing prices for our
dwindling oil supplies maybe it would make sense to use more fuel efficient
methods of freight transportation. Governments seem quite willing to
subsidize the bio-fuel projects so that they are at least perceived to be
"doing something" about the problem. Maybe the money would be better spent
on transportation subsidies?

Quoting Lou,,,,
CSX has been advertising "bragging" on several local radio stations on how
efficient their locomotives are.  The say that they can haul a ton of
freight 413 miles on one gallon of fuel.

I have seen the same ad recently and probably thats what has got me thinking
more about it.

Ralph in Sask.