[AT] quiet list/Railroads

Gene Dotson gdotsly at watchtv.net
Sat Feb 23 05:55:47 PST 2008

    In October, 2006, I made a trip to Colorado to haul an IH truck that a
friend had bought. On the trip home we left I-80 at Kimball, Nebraska and
drove U.S. 30 to Grand Island. This highway parallels the main east/west
rail line through the middle of the country. There are 5 main tracks. We met
or passed a moving train at least every 10 or 15 minutes. Many were Pac
Trains bound to or outbound from the major Pacific ports. Also many open
gondola and grain cars hauling grain, coal and steel plus boxcars by the
hundreds. Railroads are alive and well east of the Mississippi river.

                Gene