[AT] price of beef

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 22 22:55:40 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "CEE VILL" <cvee60 at hotmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 8:40 PM
Subject: [AT] price of beef

While at the market today I noticed sirloin at $7.99 /lb.  I saw no
porterhouse at all in the display case.  Must have been too expensive to put
out there.  It makes me glad I only rarely eat beef.

Charlie V in WNY.

Hi Charlie
That price is about $7 a pound more than the rancher got for that beef on
the hoof. Too many people in between making money off that beef before the
consumer gets it. Eliminate the middleman and there is quite a saving. I buy
mine locally. Usually get together with a neighbour who is butchering a beef
and agree on a price we can both live with. We have a friend with his own
meat cutting operation on the farm which helps too. Cut, wrapped and in the
freezer for way less than store price.

Ralph in Sask.