[AT] Rail cars.

Lew Best bee_keeper at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 22 20:29:42 PST 2008

I can vaguely recall rail shipping being popular when I was a kid (I'm
65 now).  You could take stuff to the Railway Express Office down town &
drop it off.  IIRC it was cheap but very slow.  I think trucks took over
due to the speed factor; rail cars sat sometimes for several days
waiting to get in a train going where they needed to go.

Wouldn't surprise me though to see even more of the rail cars that haul
semi trailers to reduce fuel costs.

Lew near Waco, TX