[AT] quiet list-- ethonal

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Fri Feb 22 17:41:49 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: <Edchainsaw at aol.com>
To: <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2008 3:57 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] quiet list-- ethonal

   Railcars work  next best but there
> are not enough of those either.

And there is another subject that really gets to me. It took years to build
up a great rail transport system and only a few to cut it down and move
almost everything by truck. Overcrowding the highways with heavy trucks that
I doubt can move freight with anywhere near the efficiency of a railway
system. If we were serious about "going green', wouldn't it make sense to
get the railways moving much of what is moved by trucks today?
Just my opinion. Experts and economists feel free to enlarge on this theory.
:-)

Ralph in Sask.