[AT] Quiet list

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Thu Feb 21 09:23:09 PST 2008

--On Thursday, February 21, 2008 11:37 AM -0500 soffiler at ct.metrocast.net
wrote:

> hey farmer - I'm back on the main list after having ducked
> out for a coupla-few years and keeping touch only thru the
> Ford and Farmall lists.  I have no idea what "new discussion
> board" you're talking about.  Could you or somebody give me
> the Reader's Digest version?
>
> errr... you're still on dialup?  With all those different
> lists you manage?  Sounds painful.
>
> Best regards,
> Steve O.

	Hi Steve:

	I was going to post a link for you but the one I found on the web site
wouldn't work and I evidently didn't book-mark it. Somebody will have it. I
worry a bit that the board will take over from the list and the list will
not keep going... On some of my genealogy lists the discussion boards are
"gatewayed" to the email lists and all new messages posted on the boards
are posted to the email lists too.
	The board looks good if you have high-speed but too many pages on dial-up.
	They have DSL over on the next road and keep promising it here but it
hasn't happened yet. Son Scott went with a dish thingy (Wild Blue?) but is
unhappy with it. Cost about $50 a month but is unstable and he says that an
inch of snow bombs it out. Another neighbor went with Verizon wireless
(4G?) Which cost him about $60 a month and he is very happy with it. I
guess I will bite the bullet and try that.

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA