[AT] Quiet list

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Thu Feb 21 09:50:16 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mattias Kessén" <davidbrown950 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2008 10:49 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] Quiet list

> Steve O. check out www.atis.net/forums for a very sleepy forum but with a
> few fine pictures from Ralph.
>
> Mattias

Yes, you think its quiet here but its a whole lot quieter over at the new
list. I check in once a day to see whats new (nothing usually) and then move
on to red power forums where I can hardly keep up with all the new topics.
Speaking of cold, this must be a first, I think its almost warmer up here in
the great white north today. Feels like spring out there in bright sunshine,
no wind and +10F. Of course after -20 and wind chill factors in the -40
range yesterday I guess anything is an improvement.
I sent out a load of that high priced wheat the day before yesterday, not to
make ethanol but some high priced bread. Seriously, if people knew just how
little the farmer's share of the cost of a loaf of bread was they'd be
surprised. At $5 a bushel there is about 9 cents worth of wheat in a loaf of
bread. I don't buy bread often but I'm thinking the price must be around
$1.50 a loaf?
One bushel of wheat makes about 56 loaves of bread according to the charts I
have referenced.

Ralph in Sask.