[AT] Actual Question

Bill "Bear" Hood mmman at netscape.com
Thu Feb 21 08:27:19 PST 2008

Joe
I had one of the HF lifts.  It looked cheaper than my time to fabricate one out of the junk pile.  I had it on the end of a utility bed on a truck.  I could lift all sorts of stuff (M Farmall blocks, 454 chevys ect.)It was not really in the way most of the time, but we rigged it where it would lift out of the mount.

I built another mount for a 24' gooseneck trailer.  If my memory serves me right the upright was 3 1/2" pipe and I welded a socket and flange with 4".  It is in the barn now as I no longer have the utility truck--but I can still use the hoist.

Another modification was we made a 3' vertical extension for the utility truck. I was setting several 200 and 400 amp meter service poles and needed to lift them and set in the holes.  I drilled the holes with skid ldr, but the hoist gave me better control setting them by myself.  Just a piece of pipe and  welded socket that bolted to the existing hoist.

I did paint it white as the factory color was close to Univ Tex Burnt Orange.
Bear

Live your life like a three year old.  Get down in the dirt with it, roll in it, throw it up and let it rain down on you.  Also, smile a LOT.  Bear