[AT] Actual Question

Dave Ernst shop at cccomm.net
Thu Feb 21 06:13:13 PST 2008

Joe,
I bought one from them and mounted it on ball bearing roller plates that
grip the ways on my big lathe for changing chucks and it works fine. One
drawback is they don't swivel as they should and you can remedy that by
welding a plate on top of the inner tube, lay a large ball bearing with a
lot of grease on top and slide the outer pipe tube over it. One drawback is
the jack leaks down over time, but that's probably the jack valve.
Make your own would be simple enough and Harbor Freight has different height
jacks availble. I own one of their engine hoists and it's jack is about 36".
You could make one hell of a boom lift with that...........
Dave