[AT] Shop bathroom question

Len Rugen rugenl at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 16 19:20:55 PST 2008

Well, maybe it needs to be an "undisclosed location".... in rural Missouri.

We don't have any code and if it's over a certain acreage, 3 I think, I'm
680, no perk test.  I didn't need any permits or permissions when I built my
house in the 80's and I just don't ask for these do-it-yourself project.
It's my watershed for 2 miles, so I'm the one who cares the mose.

>From my college days, dye tracing cave systems, septic systems and wells,
ABOVE GROUND discharge is much better for ground water in some places.  In
the Ozarks, we were proposing watering the grass with lagoon discharge
instead of trying to leach it or discharge in one spot, which is effectively
stream discharge. We put activated charcoal "bugs" in springs, caves and in
once case a community water supply, then dumped dye down the toilet in the
town park.  The water supply bug turned in 3 days.....

I'm on the fringe of a limestone karst / sinkhole plain, so I'd rather keep
in in the organic zone.  If I had more volume, I could lagoon the tank
discharge, but it beccomes a weed and mosquito ranch and the deer would
probably tear the fence down to get to the salt.