[AJD] Late styled A seat frame

John B rustyacres at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 11 17:14:01 PST 2008

I am currently restoring a later styled A, serial #
666370. The back of the seat frame has a mounting spot
for a light. There is also a mounting spot for a light
on the battery box. I thought this was odd as I do not
remember ever seeing a late A with two lights on the
rear. Looking at the parts catalog for the A, I note
that there is a change in the seat frame at serial #
630907, but I believe this is due to a change in the
latch. It appears that the same seat back, without a
light, was used through the end of the A production.
Next I got out the Model 60 parts catalog, and my seat
frame sure looks like that one.

I suspect that someone substituted the 60 seat frame
at some time in this tractor's life, but I just wanted
to make sure that the A never used this seat frame.
Can someone who is more knowledgeable about styled A's
confirm or refute my suspicions?

Thanks in advance for the help!

John Boehm
Woodland, CA