[AT] TEST? NOW Ramble! (long)

charlie hill chill8 at suddenlink.net
Sun Feb 10 17:31:32 PST 2008

Greg,  it's hard to imagine how cold it is up your way.  It was 75 here
yesteday and 65 today.  However it is supposed to get down to about freezing
tonight.  I read with interest about your corn stove.
Unless you are on a public water supply why can't you just let your hot
water run so that the furnace doesn't overheat?  If you are on well water it
wouldn't cost you except for the electricity to run the water pump.  That
seems like cheap heat!  Even if you had to buy the corn at market price you
are in good shape it seems to me.  I've been paying close to $3.00 a gallon
for #2 oil this winter.  As mild as it is here I've burned nearly $600 worth
and the ground has only been frozen once all year.

Charlie