[AT] soil sampler update

Francis Robinson robinson at svs.net
Sun Feb 10 06:33:43 PST 2008

--On Sunday, February 10, 2008 7:38 AM -0500 John Hall
<jthall at worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Follow up buying soil samplers-----
>
> I ordered a soil sampler from JMC and must say it works well. I got one
> that  is about 36" long and has a foot pedal. I took samples from over 30
> acres  yesterday with no problems. It will be very interesting to see
> what the  nutrient levels are now since I quit baling straw for the most
> part and have  been using a straw chopper I got from a list member.
>
>  I found about 3 acres where the ground is incredibly hard and always has
> been. I got 1-2 years left on my agreement with Uncle Sam not to tear up
> the  ground. As soon as it is up, I'm headed in with the subsoiler!
>
> John Hall

	My whole farm is incredibly hard but it will improve as soon as these
single digit temperatures go away.    ;-)

	I need to soil test a hay field this year before spring but it won't be
today. I need to fertilize it and lime it a little both.

--
"farmer"

Francis Robinson
Central Indiana, USA