[AJD] Antique-johndeere Digest, Vol 46, Issue 5

Duane Ledford dledford at classicnet.net
Wed Feb 6 15:47:11 PST 2008

Have seen this demonstration done with a U/S D perched on four bottles.  Really
does draw a crowd. Have mentioned this to the naysayers and their answer was that
sure, it is smooth at idle, but when it is under load is when the problems begin.
Kind of "Don't confuse me with the facts, my mind is already made up." That being
said, I don't think you could balance my great grandfather's U/S A on those bottles
when it was belted to his hammermill. I barely remember him chopping feed for his
chickens when I was there. The front on the tractor would bounce so hard that the
radiator cap would come off. Doesn't matter anyway. If I get a chance to work my
JD's, I'm going to do it, bearings be darned!

On Wed Feb  6 17:01 , 'Frank' <gremaux at midrivers.com> sent:

>and some of you guys actually thought that because it was of two cylinder
>design it would mess up bearings?  HA!
>

>Frank
>gremaux at midrivers.com

NCID=aolcmp003000000025