[Farmall] Information about 264 engine

RITA BISH krsky at alltel.net
Mon Feb 4 16:35:01 PST 2008

Hello,
I have a diesel engine that is out of a 1956 400 Farmall tractor. I have a
man that wants to buy this block from me, and we looked for the 264 CI,
which we thought would be on the block, but couldn't find it. This block has
a 8/ 31/Z for the casting code on it, so we figured it was a 1954 diesel
block. We figured that someone must have changed the original block, and put
this 1954 Z casting code block in the tractor. He wants to use this block in
a Super MTA Diesel, that he has.
 Does anyone know where I would find if the engine is a 264 CI or not, and a
location of this information Thank You for any information. Kevin.