[AJD] ebay # 280197269334

Gordon Hart grnacres at pgtc.net
Mon Feb 4 07:36:49 PST 2008

>  While we're talking about unpopular subjects, how many of you guys popped
> a vein or had to take a blood pressure pill when you saw the cover and
> contents of the January-February issue of Two-Cylinder?  We've taken quite
> a bit of heat from a few people, and I'd would like to know what our
> friends here think. It's the last NG feature for 2008, and some really
> neat two-cylinder stuff is in the works already for the rest of the year.

JR

I for one have been looking for this info as you know for a long time. I
think NG articles are just like the rubber tires and two cylinders hard for
some collector to swallow. As you know I started out thinking that the GP
tractor was the only tractor people should collect an infact we discussed
several times the possibility of a GP book I wanted to compile
but.................It is/was hard to admit you were right AGAIN!!!! Just
kidding. The fact is as I've become a little more familiar with JD,s my
interest have widened not actually changed. Now instead of gathering
information on just one model I want to be knowledgeable on as many as I can
just in case I run across a 1010 0rchard or a 1010 U Diesel, or a 3010 RCU
LP or a 4010 LP Std,or a  2010 LP RCU. Afterall I have all 7 years of the
GP's plus two WT and a crossover. I do need a GPO and an Over The Top. I
actually have grown really fond of the NG tractors and would like to see
more articles about them.

I did wonder about some things  I found/didn't find in this article such as
low profile tractors after the 3020/4020 era. I know these were made and the
records may only reflect the tire sizes and platform differences. In your
future research can you try to find out more about the odd balls?

Gordon