[AJD] 2 cyl. vs. Next Gen.

Troy Bogdan tbogdan1 at earthlink.net
Sun Feb 3 02:13:42 PST 2008

I like both ( 2 cyl. vs. Next Gen.).

As I said before, I'm not a collector, I'm still trying to farm with these
antiques, and I have two 2 cyl.s (wouldn't mind having more, in addition to
an "A" and a 70, I'd like to own a 630 or a 720 also).

My dream tractor and hopefully my next tractor will be a 4020, but the
prices are so dang high, that I don't know if I can afford one.  That would
be my first diesel, if I ever get one.  They start at around $10,000 in my
area and that is usually for a poor condition one.  Most farmers who own
them won't give them up because they are such a good tractor.  I almost like
the NG tractors as much as the 2 cylinders.  I like steam engines too, but
wouldn't even know how to start one.  If gasoline and fuel prices keep
climbing, I may have to invest in some horses instead of Next Generation
power.

I am a first generation farmer, and a youngster (born during the Vietnam
war) so I didn't grow up with these tractors, I grew up with my neighbors
blue ford 1980's diesels, but always loved the look and sound of those green
tractors.

Anyways, thanks to all the old guys who are keeping the hobby going, because
I like learning from you, and seeing all the tractors at shows and reading
about them in magazines.  Keep up the good work for as long as you can hang
in there,

Farmer Troy in Pennsylvania