[AT] Trailers

Louis louis at kellnet.com
Fri Feb 1 18:11:55 PST 2008

A couple of months ago, I was heading to my shop.  A guy in an older Chevy
C60 dump truck turned out of his driveway onto the road in front of me, no
big deal, I slowed down.  He had a trailer with a Ford 8N with a scraper box
on the tractor.  I was looking at it.  It appeared that he didn't have
anything strapping the tractor to the trailer.  I decided to pass him, since
he never got above 35 mph anyway.  So, while I was passing, I looked, there
were no chains, straps, or any thing tying the tractor down to the trailer.
I am glad that I passed him.  All I could think of is something happening
and that tractor coming off of the trailer.

I called the Ohio State Patrol.  I felt that was a very unsafe condition.  I
would hate to see anyone get hurt.

I would be willing to bet, that clown didn't have a CDL.

Lou