[AT] Temperature gauge

Roy Morgan k1lky at earthlink.net
Fri Dec 26 08:29:43 PST 2008

>     You learn really fast that using a pressure washer out in the
> cold is not a joy...

I'm reminded of the list members picture of the BIG bulldozer at Tule
Greenland, and seeing also the snow blowers they had there.  They no
doubt had equally big maintenance sheds heated by government-supplied
fuel!

> ... a high output heater (I have 160,000 BTU portable K-1
> unit) and heat it all up including the tractor

There is a space in my barn that was used as a car/tractor workshop.
With plenty of patching and unsulating, it could serve that way.  I
have a smaller kerosene heater, and have not yet run the thing except
for a few minutes.   I plan to get 5 gallons of K-1 soon, though.

> ... There are a lot of little places on a tractor just
> waiting to shoot all of that gunk and water right back all over you.

Oh I bet they return the spray RIGHT into your face!

> ...f K-1 (is it back down to $20 a
> gallon yet?)

I don't know.. I thought it was in the ballpark of diesel fuel.. heheh

Roy

Roy Morgan
k1lky at earthlink.net
529 Cobb St.