[AT] OT McCullogh chain saw parts

Skip Cleveland skipcleveland at bellsouth.net
Tue Dec 30 18:23:29 PST 2008

Now you really got me to thinking.
My old Sears weed eater had a "duck bill valve" in the plastic tank. The
valve allowed pressure to build in the tank but would allow outside air to
get in, I guess, if the engine could suck up more gas than the crank case
pulses would provide. It was a soft plastic thing which when deteriorated,
would let gas and pressure out and the engine would no longer start and run.
It was seperate from the cap, which had no vent, the valve fit in a small
hole in the plastic tank.
Skip