[AT] Case DH Christmas present

Ken Knierim ken.knierim at gmail.com
Mon Dec 29 11:50:50 PST 2008

Hello Gene,

Looks like a shot of grease slowed or stopped the leakage. Thanks!

Yesterday was a day spent chasing leaks and driving up and down the
street breaking things in. Fixed the fuel leaks and the leaking oil
pressure gage but found a leak on the clutch shaft where it goes into
the side of the bell housing. During this overhaul I found that the
neoprene PTO shaft seal can also be used as a replacement for the
leather and felt seal on the crankshaft snout and that seems to be
holding good so far. (knocking on wood).
The clutch on this beast is going to take some getting used to. It
works backwards (pull back toward the operator to engage) and is on
the right, next to the hand brake. Sure love the sound of that old
Case engine purring along. It started on the 4th pull of the crank
yesterday. I think it would have fired on the second pull had I got
the choke to stay put long enough to start it.  I rinsed the points
off with alcohol and the mag hasn't given me any more trouble since
then... yet, anyway.

Thanks again for all the help.

Ken in AZ