[AT] Case/International 2096T

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 27 09:15:27 PST 2008

Herb, the 2096 is a newer version of my 2090 Case and mine is a 1979-80
vintage. The 2096 must have came out about 83 because I do seem to recall
seeing some in white paint. Most were red though and that would be after
Case and IH became one and the same. They had a different engine to mine.
The all Case 504 in mine has been great after 6500 trouble free hours and I
hear the newer one in the 2096 also has a good record. They were a smaller ,
turocharged CDC engine, sort of a combined effort of Case and Cummins. Maybe
the predecessor to the engines in the Magnum series.
I drove a 2096 that my brother was testing some 20 years ago and was
impressed with it. It pulled whatever I could pull with my 2090. The 2096
had a horsepower rating of 115 which is about 7 hp more than the older 2090.
If it has been properly maintained and not abused too much the 2096 should
be a good tractor for anyone.

Ralph in Sask.