[AT] cold weather vehicles

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 24 12:14:53 PST 2008

The heater in my '47 Ford club coupe was a recirculating air type below the dash over the center floor hump.  The interesting feature on that one was the defrost capability.  If the switch was turned ccw from off, the heater motor ran in reverse to push air from the floor to the defrost slots and clear the windshield.  Turning the switch to the positions cw from off ran the motor forward to pull air in the defrost slots and out the front of the heater for feet heat.  The heater had three small doors on the front to control air flow between driver and passenger.  The little system worked good as long as the coolant temperature was high enough.

Charlie V. in WNY