[AT] cold weather vehicles

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Wed Dec 24 10:02:54 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Ronald L. Cook" <rlcook at longlines.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Wednesday, December 24, 2008 9:30 AM
Subject: Re: [AT] cold weather vehicles

> My 40 Ford has an exhaust pipe heater with an intake behind the engine
.  I don't know what years Ford offered those, but I
> imagine for several years running.
>
> Ron Cook
> Salix, IA

Ron, I recall a similar heater on the passenger side manifold of the 38 Ford
that I got for a parts car many years ago. Its been a long time since I have
seen it but I know the parts are still here on the farm somewhere. Never did
know how those heaters worked. I'd think they would be a real carbon
monoxide hazard when they got old and rusty.

Ralph in Sask.