[AT] Ralph Goff CLOSE THE DOOR

Al Jones farmallsupera at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 20:12:28 PST 2008

My like of cold weather is simple:  I HATE to sweat.  You can only shed so
many clothes before you can't be in public legally anymore. ;)  And then it
really doesn't help when it's 95-100 degrees and humidity way high.  Just
more surface area for the biting flies, mosquitoes, etc...  On the other
hand, I can bundle up, to the point I look like Ralphie's little brother in
A Christmas Story, and go out and work hard, and not wear out in 20 minutes
from the heat.

Of course the best part of cold weather is getting warm!  My quilted-lined
Carhartt jacket is like wrapping up in a nice soft blanket.  And the
absolute best part is bedtime--I love to get under 3-4 quilts at night all
toasty and warm instead of having to lie on top of the sheets with the a/c
down low and the ceiling fan on high.

Al

December