[AT] cold weather vehicles

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Tue Dec 23 20:57:26 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Skip Cleveland" <skipcleveland at bellsouth.net>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Tuesday, December 23, 2008 8:53 PM
Subject: Re: [AT] cold weather vehicles

> Here is the one I remember that was in a 1940 Ford that we had.
> Skip

Never seen one like that. My Dad's 39 Ford has the Goodrich heater which is
just like the modern type with two coolant lines running through a heater
core. It was likely an aftermarket option. I recall that it was also
standard winter procedure to install frost shields on all the windows. These
kept at least a portion of the window open so you could see out.

Ralph in Sask.