[AT] cold weather vehicles

Robert L. Holtzer rholtzer at earthlink.net
Tue Dec 23 18:39:24 PST 2008

The heater had a small diameter copper tube feeding gas from the
carburetor.  Just drilled a hole in the top of the float bowl for the
gas line.   A copper vacuum line tapped into the intake manifold (a
plate under the carb) and provided suction for pulling in gas and
also provided the exit for exhaust from the heater.  I installed one
in my 1941 Ford V8 coupe.  As I recall, there may have been an option
for defrosting but I didn't have it.  The control was a single large
knob that pulled to turn on -- probably 2 heat settings -- don't
recall for sure.  The car originally operated in Imperial Valley
(Southern California) where winters weren't too cold.  When I started
school in Utah, however, the heater really felt good!

Bob Holtzer