[AT] Autos-Was:refusing to replace old equipment-OT

Rob Wilson rowilson at wildblue.net
Mon Dec 22 07:54:01 PST 2008

-----Original Message-----
From: at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com
[mailto:at-bounces at lists.antique-tractor.com] On Behalf Of Dave Ernst
Sent: Monday, December 22, 2008 10:27 AM
To: Antique tractor email discussion group
Subject: Re: [AT] Autos-Was:refusing to replace old equipment-OT

The computer in my 2002 F250 diesel is under the dash by your left ankle. In
the 2008 F250 I haven't the nerve to look. Behind the plastic grill,
vulnerable to most  anything is 5, yes, 5 radiators stacked together. One
deer horn will get them all.
Let's see, engine coolant, tranmission coolant, turbo aftercooler, AC
evaporator, and a new one that pre heats or cools? the diesel fuel prior to
the injection system. (it's full of antifreeze) Dave

On Dec 21, 2008, at 10:11 AM, Dave Ernst wrote:

> I bought a new Ford diesel this year, and if I really want to make
> myself ill, I just open the hood.

Was that a truck?  We have an '04 F250 Diesel Super Duty 4WD.
The owners manual says the key pad entry factory code is marked on the
computer.  So, where is the computer???