[AT] Shows was: foreign parts-Chinese Tractors

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 22 08:12:46 PST 2008

> My old college roommate, Miles Thompson, and I certainly thought you and
> Rlichard Walker were "people persons" at the Tulare show in that you spent
> several hours showing us around and going into significant detail in
> answering, or anticipating, our questions on various unusual vintage
> tractors, etc.   You helped make it a memorable weekend.

We did have a good time visiting.  I had hoped to run across you at the
Asheville show in October.  I was not sure I would be there until almost the
last minute.

I made it to seven shows this last year.  The first was the farm equipment
show in Tulare, CA in February.  This is a modern equipment show and I saw
things I never knew existed.  Then was the Dream Machines show in Half Moon
Bay.  It is an everything show, antique tractors, cars, show cars,
airplanes.  Then came the Antique Farm Equipment show in Tulare, CA where we
meet Herb and his friend.  Then a show that I can only thank Richard many
times for, the Best Show on Tracks celebrating 100 years of Caterpillar.
Then it was the show in Republic, MO just outside Springfield and a small
but very interesting show just outside Ava, MO.  This was a pioneer show
that had pioneer activities along with the antique equipment.  It was small
enough that I could visit with just about everybody.  Then the show outside
Asheville, NC.  I had been there in the past but this time I think the high
prices and low availability of gasoline limited attendance.  A good show
none the less.

In all that I still did not find the part I am looking for.  I am hoping to
find a cheap valve for the external hydraulics for a Ford 3000.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU