[AT] radiator question

Lew Best bee_keeper at clearwire.net
Sun Dec 21 21:58:41 PST 2008

Hey guys

I’m into my old Ford backhoe now & have the radiator off.  It has an oil
cooler for the power steering built into the radiator that’s never been
hooked up since I got it.  I’ve only run the engine a few minutes at a time
(it’s far from being drivable right now) & never had a radiator cap on it;
no signs of leakage but while I have the radiator off I’d like to pressurize
it & be sure it don’t leak.  On another radiator I just put those freeze
plugs in the openings that look like the old thermos bottle plugs (rubber
expands when you tighten the bolt down) & screwed an air fitting into the ¼
NPT drain fitting.  This radiator has an odd ball drain fitting tho.  Any
ideas?

Lew near Waco, TX