[AT] Autos-Was:refusing to replace old equipment-OT

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Sun Dec 21 20:43:38 PST 2008

> Some time ago, our then 14-year old asked when a person gets her first
> car. We both, pretty much in unison, said:  "The very next day after
> you can afford to buy it (and pay for the insurance.)"

I bought cars for both my boys, both non running.  The rules were you had to
make it run on your own money, pay for the insurance, and keep good grades.
Well neither had a drivers license until they were 18 but both learned a lot
about cars.  Now one runs an auto parts store and the other writes
automotive books and articles.  If any of you get Grassroots Motorsports
look at the contributing authors for Robert and here is his book:

How to Rebuild and Modify Your Manual Transmission (Motorbooks Workshop)
by Robert Bowen

Don Bowen  KI6DIU