[AT] Autos-Was:refusing to replace old equipment-OT

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Sun Dec 21 03:35:14 PST 2008

Yes, but the computer diagnostic system is a fortune for a little guy.
I have always done my own work.  I bought 2 systems to connect a laptop
to the computer about $250 each.  Then when you  find the codes, you
have to go get another $250 program to really diagnose what is wrong
unless you are familiar with that brand and generic codes...

Before, we spent about 1 day per year working on a truck or car.
Sure they took service, but then a lot more of the public knew how to
service and maintain their car, lawnmower, home etc.  With all of this
specialization, it has created a "dumbing down" of the general ublic
when it comes to all things mechanical..

It all has a price.  And the price of the dealership I cannot afford.
My small ford dealership lost its really good mechanic.  He went to one
of those big dealerships where it costs a minimum of $200 just to pay
for the invoice that is written up..

Cecil in OKla