[AT] Tractor hauler product needed, probably doesn't exist

Ralph Goff alfg at sasktel.net
Sat Dec 20 09:45:11 PST 2008

----- Original Message -----
From: "Indiana Robinson" <robinson46176 at gmail.com>
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Sent: Friday, December 19, 2008 8:10 PM
Subject: [AT] Tractor hauler product needed, probably doesn't exist

> Somebody is really missing the boat if no one makes a replacement
> fender flair for pickups out of plastic like these only wider.
> http://z.about.com/d/suvs/1/0/u/F/-/-/FenderTrim.JPG
> You could install a pair in minutes preferably after thorough cleaning
> and coating the rusted area with that rust converter and then maybe a
> bed-liner like coating. They should maybe extend up about 6" and would
> look like a custom touch rather than a patch.

Reminds me of something we had here years ago called "Nova Panels" I
believe. I don't know much about them at all but I know a guy that pretty
well re-newed his 70s vintage pickup with these plastic or fibreglas panels.
As I recall they just put them on over the old rusty metal. Not sure how
that worked out . Since I have heard nothing of the company for years I'm
thinking it was not all that successful.
Of course plastic would be a great idea for the lower, rust-prone areas of
vehicles. Great for the owner, but not so good for the companies that
produce and sell new vehicles. As somebody already said, they don't want our
vehicles to last too long. Not good for the economy. :-)

Ralph in Sask.