[AT] Temperature gauge

CEE VILL cvee60 at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 20 03:53:12 PST 2008

> The temperature gauge on my '51 IHC W-4 worked when I first ran the
> tractor in   "warm " (key word)  weather.  Now it does not budge.

> Roy

Roy,

Have you verified:

A:  The coolant level is high enough to allow the sensor to be in it and operate.

B:  Coolant is not partially frozen to restrict circulation?

C:  Held a thermometer in the radiator tank to find if coolant is actually warming enough to make the temp. gauge move.  Maybe you have a stuck or missing thermostat.

You do not want to throw out the baby with the bath water.

Charlie V.