[AT] Autos-Was:refusing to replace old equipment

Howard Weeks weeksh at wildblue.net
Fri Dec 19 16:36:34 PST 2008

The auto makers (and the GOV as well) would rather we buy a new
vehicle every three or four years.  Lots of people do.  I understand
that some countries in Europe raise the taxes on them as they age.
At some point, you can't afford to keep driving them.

Personally, I buy good used vehicles, maintain them, and drive them
until the wheels fall off.  My oldest PU, at the moment, is a 76 Chev
that is good for about any trip I may want to take in it.  Body rust
is eventually going to side line it.

Nearly anything you buy these days is designed for the throw away
society.

On 19 Dec 2008 at 10:24, charliehill wrote:

> Brad, I'm with you on the yes and no.  I don't have much problem with the
> way cars and trucks are made now.  They are for the most part a lot more
> reliable and in many instances easier to work on that say mid 80's cars.
> My complaint is with what they build and the restrictions placed on building
> them.

Howard Weeks
Harlem, GA
K5JCP