[AT] Chain Saws

Don Bowen don.bowen at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 17 12:35:46 PST 2008

> For small limbs I really prefer my Dewalt Sawsall with a limb blade on it.

I was doing some brush clearing with a little Homelite POS.  It stopped
running so I dug out the cordless reciprocating saw and I have to agree that
for stuff up to a couple of inches it is much easier and about as fast.

The chainsaw was bought several years ago by some people in Arizona.  They
gave it to a son who gave it to his brother who in turn took it to his place
in Missouri several years ago.  It had sat for at least two years before I
tried using it.

The chainsaw's problem was a missing fuel filter on the inlet tube.  The
carburetor plugged with junk.  I found an inlet filter and carb kit and
rebuilt the carb.  It started but did not run at all well.  That is when I
found those EPA mandated carb adjustment screws.  It took a while to find
the tool but did in a small engine repair place in Hendersonville, NC.

He has a Stihl with a broken muffler that I hope to fix the next time.

I am still planning on buying a decent chainsaw soon.

Don Bowen  KI6DIU