[AT] New chainsaw

K7jdj at aol.com K7jdj at aol.com
Tue Dec 16 20:06:36 PST 2008

In a message dated 12/16/2008 5:46:58 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
crbearden at copper.net writes:
The new stihl manual said to change the fuel  pickup element yearly
because of bad gas.

I haven't found any suitable fuel line replacement.  The stuff they  sell me
is supposed to be the best but the new fuel causes it to swell and not  stay
on barbed fittings.  I am using plastic bag ties to hold it on as I  haven't
found a source of the small spring clamps locally.  I have started  using
hi-test gas and that seems to help.

I replaced my little 30 year  old XL Homlite with a Stihl.  It uses the small
chain and is the first saw  I have owned that makes me heed the safety stuff
on chain saw usage.  First  saw I have ever owned with enough power to get me
in trouble.  I then  bought a bigger Stihl (24" bar) and it's the same in the
power  department.
I'm paying the price now for all the years of junk chain saws  with a bad
back.  :)

Gary
Renton, WA
25 degrees