[AT] MF 1135

Edchainsaw at aol.com Edchainsaw at aol.com
Sun Dec 14 20:08:43 PST 2008

WE  have run everything  except  a    Ford/NewHolland    and  yes you would
have to chase me down  to get me to keep another  CASE  because yes they are in
that same  boat as  a MF of the same  era.   1 think to mention on the  AC's
(goes for the Perkins' too)   the  motors in the 8000 series  are the same
displacement... but not the same old 426's as in the  7000's   Perkins's  in the
MF 1100's weren't like  the  2000's  (AND NO COMBINE Perkins is  the same as a
Tractor Perkins --  you need to check the books for proof)
But  These  NEW  Agco/MF/Fendt's are NOT  even in the  same  boat as the
JohnDeere or  Case/NewHollands (yes its   CNH corp)   and believe it or not  the
lists price when we  purchased our last 2 MF 8480's  was  HIGHER on the
MF's....    We have  a JD 8410  and  a MF  8480...   quality of  build  is the
major issue just  like  on the old MF's  stuff  just aint checked when it left the
 factory...

the first 8480 came  to us with a leaking fuel tank,    a  hydraulic value
body that leaked,  the buddy seat fell out while  running it across the field,
we had to remove part of the fuel  tank to put  hydraulic oil in the tractor
(design goof of the first  magnitude) .   The second 8480  we got   had   a
hydraulic leak in  the same value, the buddy seat  fell out of  it too,    so
guess they did make some improvements since  we didn't have to have a new fuel
tank ---  they still have not  "  taken account of the oil fill yet"  but
we've not had to add any yet. our  JD is not perfect.... but  your going to have
to chase me to get me to  buy another  Agco

oh and I agree that  MF was selling   35's as   231's  up till about 8 yrs
ago...

In a message dated 12/14/2008 12:06:46 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,