[AT] Popular Mechanics magazine - 100 years on Google

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 14 16:10:30 PST 2008

On Sun, Dec 14, 2008 at 3:34 PM, charliehill <charliehill at embarqmail.com> wrote:
> Wow,  there is something in one of those mags I've wanted to see again for a
> long time.  Maybe I can find it.
>
> Back when I was a teenager.....well I might not have even been that old,
> they had plans to make a BB shot machine gun.  It used a small electric
> motor that turned a copper tube on an axle inside a metal film can.  The
> bb's fed into the can through the axle somehow and centrifugal force slung
> them around the circumference of the can until they exited through another
> piece of copper tubing soldered  on a tangent to a hole in the edge of the
> can.
>
> Charlie

======================================

I remember those plans well charlie (well, not in fine detail). I
never made one but I did  take notice.
I  also have a set of the old Popular Mechanics DIY encyclopedia that
a grandmother and an aunt bought me when I was pretty young. I still
love to drag them out and go through them about once a year. I
acquired a second set and gave them son Scott who had gone through
mine many times.
Ahhh... Here is the bb gun:
http://www.eccentricgenius.ca/centri.htm

--
"farmer"

"Good clean muck never hurt nobody!!!"
Morris Moulterd

Hay and Straw Exchange (Buy it, sell it and trade it.)