[AT] Popular Mechanics magazine - 100 years on Google

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Sun Dec 14 12:34:52 PST 2008

Wow,  there is something in one of those mags I've wanted to see again for a
long time.  Maybe I can find it.

Back when I was a teenager.....well I might not have even been that old,
they had plans to make a BB shot machine gun.  It used a small electric
motor that turned a copper tube on an axle inside a metal film can.  The
bb's fed into the can through the axle somehow and centrifugal force slung
them around the circumference of the can until they exited through another
piece of copper tubing soldered  on a tangent to a hole in the edge of the
can.

Charlie