[AT] MF 1135

yestergears at intrstar.net yestergears at intrstar.net
Thu Dec 11 16:27:04 PST 2008

Speaking as one who has owned a Massey Ferguson, I would run like crazy.  I owned a 1085 for about 3 years.  The PTO and hydraulics
would not stay together on the thing. In the three years I had it the hydraulic pump was rebuilt twice, and the pto was on it's third
run when I sold the thing.   As Al said, I would look for a 1066 IH.  Again, As Al said, the smaller Masseys were good tractors.  My
uncle had a 235 and another had a 135 that are still running well.  When they were farming, they were daily work horses especially in
produce and tobacco season.  The 1085 was only 85 horsepower, but in my opinion it was junk.
Run Very VERY Fast.
Travis

to run it a time or two in high school.  The powershift wsa a little goofy
(downshifted to 4th if you mashed the clutch in 5th or 6th gear) but the
cab was really nice I thought and that series of Allis's were sharp looking
I thought.

For 5000 somebody got some mighty cheap horsepower.

Al

Allis