[AT] Speaking of propane:-: Methane

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Dec 8 17:40:01 PST 2008

While I completely agree that this is utterly insane, consider this:

Methane is a powerful "greenhouse gas".  It is many times more potent
than CO2 and all this "carbon footprint" crap we hear about
constantly.  One of the most significant sources of methane is
livestock.

They're literally trying to discourage the raising of livestock by
making it more expensive to do so.

But as Mike Sloane said to me recently in private email, "there are no
simple solutions to complex problems" and global warming is a VERY
complex problem.

Among all the various idiotic aspects of this, you've got no control
over livestock anywhere else in the world.  Suddenly imported meat and
dairy is cheaper.  And we send yet another industry overseas right
behind Manufacturing.

I am afraid, very afraid.

Steve O.