[AT] Now Portland

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:47:56 PST 2008

Gene,  I have no right to comment about what goes on at Portland as I have
never been able to attend but I would like to ask a question.  Is it
possible that the Portland directors don't really grasp how far away some of
the ATIS attendees are?   I know there are several right there in a
reasonable distance who can go and help out but most of us (who attend) are
from way down the road.
Could it be that the directors don't pay us much mind because we don't
participate enough in helping with the show and they don't really realize
why?

I don't know what kind of effort others make to go to Portland but I do know
what an effort it takes for some of us to get there.  Believe me if it
wasn't extremely difficult I would have been to the show by now but there is
absolutely no way I could justify going to a meeting or work day prior to
the show and I suspect that goes for at least half of us that do attend.

My opinion doesn't matter since I never go.  I'm just trying to open up some
constructive discussion.

Charlie