[AT] Profane propane prices; was Fuel prices

charliehill charliehill at embarqmail.com
Mon Dec 8 16:02:54 PST 2008

Mike, one of the air quality inspectors/technicians for the State of NC is a
neighbor of mine.  He was telling a bunch of us what we could and could not
burn in our yards.  Comes down to this, leaves and limbs less than 5 inches
(I think 5 is right) that grew in the yard.  You can't move them to your
vacant lot and burn them.  Must be in the yard where they grew and were cut.
I asked him what I could burn in my fireplace.  He said any kind of wood I
want.  I said you mean I can cut down a tree in my yard, spit the trunk up
into 6" or 8" wedges and burn them in my fireplace.  He says sure.  I said
"what's the difference in where I burn it?"  He didn't have an answer.

Charlie