[Farmall] Cub Industrial Lowboy

Bob Currie tracturs at att.net
Fri Dec 5 17:08:16 PST 2008

Steve O., you have a good point but whata ya say we get back to Ray
McKinney's original question. Ray, IH developed the International Cub Lowboy
and it hit the streets around the end of July 1955. It was a lowered version
of the original Farmall Cub and was developed for industrial use. In 1955
the tractor was entirely red. In 1956 they started changing the colors
somewhat with a white grill and side trim I believe. Now then, I'm not sure
of the exact year, but I'll go out on a limb and say in 1961 or there abouts
the standard colors for the LowBoys changed to  yellow with a white hood.
Although, as others have mentioned, special orders were available and
depending on who  the buyer might be, various other colors could have been
provided. My recommendation to your friend, would be to first of all, verify
the year of the tractor by the manufacturers serial tag, and if that tag is
not available, there are casting dates on the tractor that would help
identify approximately when the tractor was built. If you need more help,
there are lots of knowledgeable Cub guys on this list who will help you with
those numbers.

bobcurrie,
Greenwood, CA