[AT] early farming

Carl Tatlock carllary at gmavt.net
Thu Dec 4 14:27:13 PST 2008

When  was just  married, I worked one summer  on the farm of a dairy
farmer in the northcountry (Malone) of New York State.  He had a 1938
Farmall tractor, and a 1917 horsedrawn tedder.  I got to drive the
tractor and took along a big oil can (locomotive style) because the
journals on the tedder were so worn  they had to be oiled at the end of
each row.  Needless to say, moving at the horse/MPH and stopping to oil
at the end of each row made for a long day!  Probably where I fell in
love with tractors, come to think of it.  I also helped him repair a
wooden silo-- anybody remember silo staples?  1950's memories.
Carl in Vermont