[AT] Shopping season, support patriotic business

Ronald L. Cook rlcook at longlines.com
Thu Dec 4 09:23:36 PST 2008

In the for what its worth department, I personally know of some letter
carriers in this area that frequent pawn shops within 100 miles and go
to many farm or estate auctions and always pick up all the Craftsman
tools they can.  In the past, they just took them to Sears and traded
them in for new ones and then from time to time would sell these "new"
tools at quite a discount and might I add, at a large margin.  All cash
transactions.  That kind of crap would have to really put a dent in
Sears if it is widespread.  It certainly is, or at least was, amongst
the letter carriers in this area.  May have been some help from the
Sears personnel, too.

Of course I am of the opinion that the original warranty should be
followed, but I can see why it is changing.  I do not think the quality
of the tools is good enough anymore to allow the previous warranties.

Ron Cook
Salix, IA