[AT] Diesel problem

Bruce Moden brucemoden at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 4 10:24:10 PST 2008

It cranks normally, just won;t fire,
Bruce

--- On Wed, 12/3/08, Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net> wrote:

From: Cecil Bearden <crbearden at copper.net>
Subject: Re: [AT] Diesel problem
To: "Antique tractor email discussion group" <at at lists.antique-tractor.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 3, 2008, 5:36 PM

Bruce:
When you say it will not start, is it cranking at normal cranking speed
and not starting, or is it not turning over?
Cecil in OKla

Bruce Moden wrote:
> I have a Long 36 diesel tractor (1986 I think) not too many hours on it,
have used it mostly for bush hogging some plowing etc.  I brought it out of the
field on hot day after bush hogging some weedy areas & it was all chaff
& seeds, so I hosed it off well & it wouldn't start- let it cool off
overnight & is started right up as it always had before.  Since that time
when it is hot & you turn it off it will not start until it is cool.