[AT] Diesel problem

H. L. Staples hlstaples at mcloudteleco.com
Wed Dec 3 18:59:36 PST 2008

Don't wash a hot, running diesel engine with cold water. Years ago on my
MF35 while brush cutting I drove by the well and kicked the pump on and
proceeded to wash the trash and dirt off, the engine stopped like I had shut
it down. The engine turned over plenty fast but would not hit.  Cracked a
fuel line to an injector no pump output.  The aluminum case had shrunk
enough, in the cold water to seize the pump shaft and broke it internally.
New injector pump fixed everything up. The pump repair man asked if I had
washed the hot running engine with cold water. Don't do it.

H. L. Staples
McLoud, Oklahoma
USA